How do I get the process started?

Contact Prestige Therapy to schedule a phone consultation. We will verify insurance information for you and email you the forms needed to initiate therapy sessions.

Please return the forms as well as a copy of your child’s insurance card and a referral/script from your child’s pediatrician/referring physician. You may email, fax or hand deliver the forms to the office prior to your first visit.


Copy of the current or proposed IEP (if applicable)

Any speech and language, occupational, or physical therapy evaluations from within the last year.

Any other reports from related testing (i.e. neuropsychological evaluations, educational assessments, etc.)

Frequently Asked Questions

Does Prestige Therapy accept insurance?
Prestige Therapy accepts Neighborhood Health Plan of RI, Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield (most plans even out of state from RI), United Healthcare, Tricare East, and Tufts. We are an out of network provider for all other health insurance plans. Private pay is also available.
My child received a speech language, occupational, and/or physical therapy evaluation at school already. Do I need another evaluation from you?
It is recommended to have a current speech-language, occupational, or physical therapy assessment. If your child has been evaluated within the past 12 months, Prestige Therapy will use such evaluation to determine an appropriate treatment plan of care. If you feel your current evaluation is not meeting your child’s needs or you disagree with the findings, a new evaluation may be completed. Those utilizing insurance will need a new evaluation to start the plan of care with Prestige Therapy.
My child did not qualify for school speech therapy, occupational, and/or physical therapy following his Early Intervention dismissal. Is he still able to receive these services with a private therapist?
Many parents are devastated to learn their child may not qualify under their school departments guidelines for speech, occupational, or physical therapy services once their child ages out of early intervention. In these instances, you may certainly have your child assessed with a private speech language pathologist or physical therapist to continue treatment.
Do I need a referral to receive private speech, occupational, and/or physical therapy?
Private pay patients do not need a referral to receive speech language, occupational, and/or physical therapy services. Some insurances require a physician referral prior to the start of treatment.  We will contact your insurance provider for you and let you know if this is the case for your child.
My child was dismissed from speech language, occupational, and/or physical therapy. I feel he could still benefit from treatment. What can I do and why was he dismissed?
School systems follow a different set of guidelines from private practitioners. For a child to receive speech-language, occupational, and/or physical therapy in schools, the therapy must prove to be “educationally relevant”. Your child may have reached a higher level of skills which is no longer deemed “educationally relevant” for them to continue services in the school setting. If you feel your child still needs speech language, occupational, and/or physical therapy services, you have the right to pursue these services from a private practitioner.
Can I stay and observe my child's therapy session?
Some children perform best when working separately from parents. Parents will be invited to sit in for part or whole sessions only when appropriate. Please discuss any concerns that you have with your clinician.